LOCATION:College Station, Texas *More than 60,000 international students study in Texas
ESTABLISHED:1974 OVERSEEN BY: the College of Liberal Arts, Texas A&M. AVERAGE NUMBER OF FULL-TIME STUDENTS: 110 AVERAGE NUMBER OF COUNTRIES: 40 We help students improve their academic and professional lives.
|3 semesters||Spring – 15 weeks (January-May) Summer – 10 weeks (June-August) Fall – 15 weeks (August-December)|
|4 levels Find the right level for each skill||Basic (high beginners) Intermediate skill Upper-Intermediate Advanced|
|7 courses Each course helps prepare you for academic success||Composition (Writing) Grammar Listening Oral Skills (Speaking) Reading Vocabulary American Culture|
You will stay busy, work hard, and your English will improve a great deal!
FALL/SPRING (15 WEEKS) – SAMPLE SCHEDULE
* Conversation Partner
Oral Skills Reading
- Use Texas A&M busses to get to and from campus and around town.
- Reserve campus housing and meal plans.
- Receive health care at the Student Health Center on campus.
- Exercise or join sports leagues at the Student Recreation Center.
- Make friends by joining student groups that fit your interests.
- Use libraries to rent books, movies, media equipment, and more.
- Use computer labs on campus to study, research, and print.
- Use student counseling services.
- Eat, play, attend events, or study at the Memorial Student Center (MSC).
- 6 different resident halls on campus.
- Living options and prices vary to meet people’s needs and interests.
- Expect to pay anywhere from $600-$1,200 per month, depending on what type of accommodation you choose.
- Is it within your budget?
- Is the rent for your own apartment? Or for a shared apartment?
- What is the length of the lease?
- Do you want a furnished apartment?
- Are cable and utilities included in rent?
- How easy is it to get to a grocery store?
- Where is the closest bus stop?
- Do you want a roommate?
- Does it have a washer and dryer?
STUDENT POPULATION: 50,000+
Houston & Austin (both within 2 hours driving time)
Dallas & San Antonio (within 3-4 hours driving time)
HOSPITALS: 4 (College Station Medical Center, Physicians Centre, Scott & White Hospital, St. Joseph Hospital)
College Station is a small town with everything you need:
- Parks and recreation
- Great schools for kids
- Historical District